Help during the financial year
When VAT was first introduced in 1973 it was described by the then Chancellor as a ‘simple tax’... In fact VAT has now grown to be one of the most complex taxes that we have and imposes a tremendous administrative burden on businesses.
Mistakes in calculating VAT can be costly and the penalties and interest charges for mistakes and late submission of returns only have significantly increased in recent years.
Our VAT compliance and planning service can take on the responsibility for VAT for you. Our team will help to keep your transactions properly recorded and your VAT in order, make sure you are collecting the right amounts for each transaction, and ensure that you make payments and file returns correctly and on time. In addition to providing a comprehensive book-keeping and VAT accounting service, we can also advise on and help with:
- The pros and cons of voluntary VAT registration
- The timing of compulsory registration
- The various VAT schemes and which to register under
- Extracting maximum benefit from the rules on de-registration
- Partial exemption
- Timing and delaying VAT payments
- VAT on imports and exports
- VAT control visits by HMRC