Employment rights - statutory limits
The limits on payments and awards made to workers in certain employment rights cases rose from 1 February 2008. The increased limits affect:
- statutory redundancy payments;
- the basic and compensatory awards for unfair dismissal;
- the limit on guarantee payment made when employees are not provided with work; and,
- the minimum basic award for unfair dismissal in health and safety and certain other cases.
The main increases include:
- compensation for unfair dismissal - £4,400 (£ 4,200);
- limit on amount of the compensatory award for unfair dismissal £63,000 (£60,600).
- Maximum amount of a week's pay for the purpose of calculating the basic or additional award of compensation for unfair dismissal or redundancy payment - £330 (£310).