HMRC launch tracker - Where's my reply?
HMRC have announced the introduction of a new tracker service.
Agents, employees and those paying tax on company pensions through PAYE can use a new tracker to find out when to expect to receive a reply to their enquiry from HMRC.
'If you're an employee or you pay tax on a company pension through PAYE (Pay As You Earn - the system used by employers and pension providers to deduct tax from your wages or pension), you can use the tracker to check how long it will take HMRC to:
- pay your income tax refund
- reply to your general income tax enquiry
- provide a copy of individual information, such as your tax code or pay and tax details
- send you HMRC forms or stationery.'
'If you're an agent, you can also check how long it will take HMRC to:
- register you as an agent to use HMRC Online Services
- process an application for authority to act on behalf of a client
- amend your agent details.'
Internet link: HMRC Where's my reply?