Lawrence Young - inspired business thinking

Call 01256 811415 or email.

News | clientZONE | Contact Us    

CIMA - Practising Certificate Holder
Probiz accountants
AVN - changing the numbers
What is a car, commercial vehicle or motor home for VAT?

HMRC have updated their guidance on the classification of vehicles.

For VAT purposes it is vital to know the difference between cars and other vehicles. This is because in most cases, VAT registered businesses cannot reclaim the input VAT incurred when they purchase a car. Generally businesses are able to reclaim the input VAT when they buy a commercial vehicle.

The HMRC guide explains the difference between a car, motorcycle, a motor home and a commercial vehicle for VAT purposes.

The link also gives access to the current list of 'Car derived vans and combi vans'. This updated useful list considers the treatment of some borderline vehicles.

Internet link: HMRC VAT motor vehicle guidance

PROBIZ Travel Card - The Global Travel PROBIZ MasterCard® Prepaid Card

© Lawrence Young. All rights reserved. | Help | Disclaimer | Cookie Policy | Site Map | Text Only

Follow us on twitterJoin up with us on Linked  InFind us on Facebook

powered by totalSOLUTION