New HMRC taskforces
Five new taskforces have been set up to tackle tax evasion in different areas of the country. The new HMRC taskforces will target:
- scrap metal dealers in Scotland
- construction traders who are self employed or run their own company who suppress sales or over-claim expenses in the North West and North Wales
- taxpayers not submitting their statutory returns across Corporation Tax, Income Tax Self Assessment, PAYE and VAT in the South East
- fast food outlets deliberately falsifying their records and mis-declaring their true sales levels to avoid paying the correct taxes in Scotland, and
- landlords - owning or renting three or more properties - evading their tax responsibilities in North West and North Wales.
Internet link: Press release