The government has published its report Digital Britain which sets out the government’s plans for the UK to be at the forefront of the global digital economy.
The core details, as taken from the press release, are as follows:
- Universal access to today’s broadband services by 2012
- Next Generation fund for investment in tomorrow’s broadband services
- Upgraded mobile networks
- National Plan to improve Digital Participation
- Robust legal and regulatory framework to combat Digital Piracy
- Support for public service content partnerships and revised digital remit for Channel 4
- Funding options for national, regional and local news
- Programme of Digital Switchover in Public Services
To read details of the report use the link below.
Internet links: Digital Britain report and Press release